blog layout

Saturday, June 23, 2007

First view of the Grand Tetons

The day we drove in to the Tetons, it was cloudy and quite dreary. But this morning was a bit more clear. We camped at a campground called Jenny Lake. A beautiful place! And this was the view we could see from the lakeside, about 100 yards from our site. This mountain is called Teewinot. The Tetons were definitely our favorite place to hike out here so far! Oh yes....notice the fresh coat of snow on the mountain! We woke up this morning to just below freezing temps. Holy Cow...life sure is different out here in the west.

3 comments:

mom said...

Peay for me I have had 3 migranes in 5 days. Mom

Mom2 said...

Katie, can you call home? It is not an emergency. We just need to talk to you.

mom said...

I'm back from Denver! It was a good trip. I got to go to the mountains twice. It was soooo awesome. I also went to a calf roping. I went to the Denver Zoo and to the Museum of Nature and Science. It was the most amasing museum I had ever seen. Aunt Thelma is good. Hope all is well with you. We go to the Lake July 11-18. Love, Mom