blog layout

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My sweet Valentine

Joe surprised me with a beautiful necklace for Valentine's Day this year! It is also celebrating Andrew's birth. The heart was hand crafted at our friend Brittany's dad's shop (whew!), making it all the more special. There is a diamond, as well as garnet stone set in the side of the heart. Garnet, as it is Andrew's birth stone. And the diamond was just for me :) I cried when I saw it and heard all of the thought joe had put into it. He explained that this was a piece of jewelry that I could cherish now, and when Andrew is grown and finds a wife (ahh! he is so little...it is hard to believe that day will come!), it is something we can pass along to him to give to her! I haven't taken it off since he gave it to me (which was last friday, b/c he couldn't wait until valentines day). I love you, Joseph. Your thoughtfulness and love melts my heart. I look forward to many more Valentine's with you!

No comments: