blog layout

Saturday, February 5, 2011

books and buntings..

One of my favorite books! The illustrations are so cute and the story line is adorable. I found this book a few years ago, and gave it to my niece Johanna. She loved it! So I have begun a collection of several other books by Olivier Dunrea, and hope that Andrew loves them someday, as well. It is so relaxing to sit in the rocking chair in his room and pick up a book from the little book shelf. And I know he can't necessarily understand the exact words, nor focus on the pictures yet. But I hope I am transferring my love of reading through my voice, and expressions. One of my favorite childhood memories is of my mom reading to us kids, snuggled up on the couch. I want to do the same with my kiddos!
Even though the days are chilly, we bundle up and go for walks. I think Andrew might think I am a little crazy :) But it feels so good to get out...and he gets a nice nap in the jogger stroller, so its a win-win situation. This little snowsuit is a bit big for Mr. A yet, but he stays nice and warm in it! Plus I have like 3 blankets on him and over the stroller. Usually I enjoy winter, and do so many things out in the weather. But this winter is a bit different, and I find myself wishing for spring ever so much! Then we can go outside and just sit in the sunshine together, walk around the yard, work in the flowerbeds. Soon, very soon, spring will come. And Andrew will get a taste of fresh air and hear the birds singing!

No comments: