blog layout

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Just Because

Oh Sam, how you are so interested in this new little boy we have brought home! If only you would stop sleeping in his crib! haha:) Andrew looks a bit bewildered this evening as we used the cat as his pillow. I hope they become good friends some day (and hopefully Andrew doesn't get any ideas like putting tape on his paws, or dressing him up in a cape and taping his ears back. Not that we have any experience in doing those things to a cat...)
My good friend Rosemary lent me her baby sling to try out a bit, and the first time I put Andrew in it, he fell fast asleep, as you can see! It is a nice way to keep him close, yet have my hands free to do a bit of work. It must feel as if he is back in my belly, b/c I was jostling him all over the place that afternoon in the sling, and was certain it would wake him. However, sweet Andrew slept on, probably comforted by the movement and my heartbeat :)

I was trying to get him to smile for the camera here...hmmmm. Oh well, we had fun trying :) He loves to lay on a blanket on the floor and just take in the world around him. This morning I set up a few stuffed animals for him to look at...I wonder if he knows what they are??

1 comment:

Gabe and Libby Reed said...

Oh, Kate, these pictures are amazing! I laughed when you mentioned putting tape on the cat!!! What about dressing the cat up for an Amish video? :) Anyways, I love these pictures of Peanut Man.....miss you guys.