blog layout

Friday, July 17, 2009

The Games We Play...

During kids camp, the counselors and staff join together to play a game we like to call "Safari Hunt". Here I am with Laura, Lauren, and Hillary before the game begins. We are all "elephants" who squirt kids with our "trunks" aka, water guns! We look a bit intimidating in this picture, but don't worry, we were much more cheerful while squirting everyone :) We had quite the time...there are also other counselors acting as lions, tigers, snakes, monkeys and hippos. I personally also wanted to be a hippo...they got to swim in the pool and the jump out when the kids came close and give "hippos hugs!" haha.
We play many games here at camp, in fact pretty much every night during the kids weeks we are doing a new game. It is so refreshing to watch kids run around and just be kids. No worries, no pressures. Just enjoying life and squealing with delight. Camp in the mountains is somewhat of a "sanctuary", if you will, for the children and adults that come to camp. A safe haven to come to, away from life at home and all that comes with it. I am so thankful to be here and experience the refreshing and refocusing power of living in the wilderness (well, somewhat of a wilderness). We only have 4 weeks left...I am hoping to take advantage of every little thing!

1 comment:

Gabe and Libby Reed said...

Katie Jane!

I love the picture of Montana in your title. Sooooo beautiful! I have not written comments on here often this summer, but I have read everything! It is so great that you are updating often! You are much better than me! Sounds like God is pouring out the blessings on you and Joe and for that I am so happy! I will keep praying for you guys.
Love you!
Libby