blog layout

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Trinity Falls

Here is my group of high school crew girls on our first hike we did together as a group, Trinity Falls. These are 9 beautiful (both inside and out) young women whom I am so privileged to work alongside for the summer. They are full of joy, spunk, passion and love. It is amazing as I begin to develop a relationship with each, God is revealing bits and pieces of their lives and what has made them into who they are today. All are still figuring out who exactly they will become and what road God is leading them down. They are capable of doing so much (more than they think at times!). And their hearts are so big...what an amazing opportunity, that as I teach them, they are teaching me right back. I saw a quote once, and I loved the humble meaning behind it. It read, "I teach. I learn." I am trying to take on this philosophy for the summer. We are currently taking the girls through the book of Proverbs for our daily bible study. Wisdom is key in that book, and these first few chapters have been full of advice on why wisdom should be sought after, the importance of it, what happens when we ignore wisdom. Whew! I have never really done an in depth study of Proverbs, so this has been really neat. And so many of our girls are at pivotal deciding points in their lives right now, so learning about all of this will hopefully make an impact on how they make decisions about their future.
Well, it will be quite exciting to continue this journey for the summer, trying to listen to God as he directs me in mentoring these girls. We have so much fun together, amidst the hard work, and I am so thankful for that!

No comments: