blog layout

Friday, June 26, 2009

Learning in Laundry...

























So, I have learned what happens when too much soap goes into a high efficiency washer with only a few pieces of laundry in it...Lets just say that I am thankful for towels and helping hands! Last week was just not my week in Laundry. First, I washed a sleeping bag and sheet that someone had gotten sick on (eww, right?) I wasn't thinking, and put the white sheet into the same washer as the RED sleeping bag. With warm water. You all can guess what happened :) Well, to try and fix that mistake, the girls and I took some spray and wash to the sheet to try and undo the "Dye Transfer", per instructions of a laundry manual. Well, this sheet ended up with ALOT of spray and wash on it (the thing was practically all pink) so I put it in the washer, by itself. As well as some laundry detergent to get it clean. Half an hour later, we couldn't even see the sheet in the front loading washer, due to the mountain of suds filling the machine. Oh man. Trying to think quick, I put the cycle to Rinse and Spin, hoping that will dilute the suds, and rinse it clean. Hmmm, that didn't work. Ok, well mabye I can just open up the washer and scoop out some suds to help it along. Thinking they were fluffy, light suds, i grabbed a laundry basket to catch the growing mass. Turns out that these suds were thick and soupy! As i opened the door, water & suds came pouring out everywhere! I yelped and shut the door quickly, laughing hysterically. Oh goodness, what had I done?? After many buckets and towels later (and the help of one of my girls, Lindsay, who thought this was just hilarious) we cleaned up the soapy mess and restored the laundry room to its original non-sudsy order :) Remember the white-now-pink sheet that was the object of this obsession?? Well, of all things, it came out of the suds still pink! Of course :) So that trial was a bit of a failure. But if anything, I have learned from those few mistakes and now have a bit more laundry skills under my belt. I am glad God has a sense of humor and that He gave that to me as well. *Sigh* Live and learn, as they say, right??

2 comments:

Derek and Sammy said...

Hey guys!! It looks like Seth and I will be at your camp on Thursday some time. We have time enough to visit and get a tour of the place if you have time to show us. If not, we would still love just to stop by and see you. I have the number of the camp and I will try and remember before we come to call. Hope to visit with you soon!

Anonymous said...

Katie!
After reading this story I couldn't help but think of the Curious George story when he tries to get the ink stain out of the carpet and ends up filling the whole house up with soap suds! You didn't need the help of a cow with a pump did you?! :)
Anyway too funny! We had a wonderful time at Lake Erie. The weather was beautiful. It was low 70s the whole time. IT was hot enough in the sun on the beach to swim, but so pleasant in the cottage and perfect sleeping weather! But it just wasn't the same without Uncle JoJo and Aunt Katie! IT sounds like you are having a wonderful summer! We miss you and are praying for you! Love, Anna and the crew!