blog layout

Monday, June 23, 2008

A day in the garden

I just got inside from planting a few new plants around the house.  Yesterday, Pam (my mother-in-law) helped me to pick out several perennials from their old house.  We had so much fun walking around the flower beds and picking out which plants to dig up.  She wanted to thin down some beds, so there is not so much to take care of, and invited me to come and gather whatever I wanted.  Talk about a blessing! I feel like I have just gone to a garden center with a gift certificate and come home with a car full of treasures.  It was rather funny when Joe caught sight of how many plants we had dug.  He proceeded to exclaim "I thought you were going to get a few plants.  This is not a few!"  I just smiled and giggled.  Tomorrow, work will not begin until 12:30 for me...I believe will spend the morning in the garden.  Smiling.  And digging...

No comments: