blog layout

Sunday, June 8, 2008

A beautiful day....




Here are some pictures from Libby and Gabe's wedding (back in May).  We had such a wonderful time getting ready for the big day, and everything went great.  Beautiful weather, lots of laughter, a few tears, and wonderful memories.  It was a bit surreal, I'll admit, to think about my "little sister" getting married.  But she is not so little any more, she is a woman!  Who loves this man tremendously.   And that is a wonderful thing.  
My favorite part of the wedding was definitely the ceremony itself.  Pastor Chris gave an amazing message about love and respect within a marriage.  And as I was watching Gabe and Libby, I knew that these two would strive to do just that.  Love and respect each other, protect and trust one another.  It was a very touching time to even reflect on Joe and I and our marriage.  Do I respect Joe all the time....even if i don't feel "love" from him in certain moments.  Jesus tells me to respect Joe in love, lay my life down and basically 'crucify my flesh'.  Usually i find that if i do that, the outcome of the situation is much improved, as i have trusted in the Lord, versus trying to do it on my own.  
  So thank you Gabe and Libby, for already providing an example of the unfailing love of our Heavenly Father.  I am so happy for these two and the adventure they have begun together.  There is something so sweet about life with a companion, a best friend, a soul mate.  

No comments: