blog layout

Saturday, October 19, 2013

The Sandbox

The sandbox has been one of Andrew's favorite spots this summer, it seems.  He will ask me to go outside, and after I say that its ok (and of course he usually asks "mom, come with me!  Play with me!" I try to when i can!)  then he slides open the screen door, shuts it tight, and carefully makes his way down the deck stairs.  His face lights up if I make my way down behind him.  "Mommy!  Play in sandbox with me!"  The big turtle shape is filled with soft white sand, and I sit down next to my sandy boy.  We push trains, trucks, and bulldozers around and around.  We hide our toes, and find them once again.   He gives me a grin and begins to dig a hole to hide G.I. Joe.  If Natty is with us, she is usually content to sit in the rocks, picking up one in each hand.  We have spent many hours playing in the cool shade in that sandbox this year.  I have loved watching his imagination grow as he builds and digs.  And surprisingly, most of the sand is still in the box!  


 This is the beloved "Butch".  He can tow most anything.

Andrew is tickled that I am taking pictures of him in the sand.  

No comments: